24 Hour Emergency & Crisis Response Line
Lander: (307) 332-4233
Riverton: (307) 856-7489
Fremont Counseling Service (FCS) is a CARF accredited, non-profit community mental health and substance use treatment center that has been providing services to clients in Fremont County, Wyoming (including the Wind River Indian Reservation) since 1959.
We provide a comprehensive array of mental health and substance abuse services to individuals, couples, and families of all ages from our offices in Lander and Riverton. We make it our priority to customize treatment options to meet your needs and treatment goals.
Costs for services are dependent upon household income and no one is turned away for an inability to pay.
Please see our Fee Schedule for more information on the fees we charge for our services:
Fee Schedule Effective 02.01.19
OPEN ACCESS CLINICS for New Clients
New clients can walk into any of our Open Access clinics to be seen on a first come / first serve basis to start mental health and/or substance use treatment services. Depending on when you arrive and how many people are in line ahead of you will determine how much time you will be able to spend with a clinician during these clinics. Regardless, we will do our best to get you started with treatment on the day that you choose to come.
*Monday – check in from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm. (Depending on when you check in, you may be here as late as 4:00 pm.)
*Wednesday – check in from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Depending on when you check in, you may be here as late as 11:00 am.)
*Tuesday – check in from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. (Depending on when you check in, you may be here as late as 11:00 am.)
*Thursday – check in from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm. (Depending on when you check in, you may be here as late as 3:00 pm.)
More information regarding Substance Abuse Evaluations:
1. If you have had an ASI completed within the last six months, you must bring a copy of this with you to the Open Access clinic of your choice.
2. If you have not had an ASI completed in the last six months OR you do not bring a current ASI with you to Open Access you MUST complete the ASI-MV prior to attending Open Access.
3. The ASI-MV costs $50. This is in addition to your per hour fee for the face-to-face interview with our clinical staff.
4. You can walk into our offices at any time to complete the ASI-MV (depending on computer/tablet availability). However, we recommend that you schedule an appointment to ensure that a computer/tablet is available to you when you arrive.
5. Substance abuse evaluations may take up to 10 days to complete.
6. Substance abuse evaluations must be paid for IN FULL before they will be released.
Fremont Counseling Service – Lander
748 Main St.
Lander, WY 82520
Fremont Counseling Service – Riverton
1110 Major Avenue
Riverton, WY 82501
National Health Service Corps
As an approved site for the National Health Service Corps we promise to:
- Provide treatment to all individuals who seek our services.
- Offer discounted fees based on household size and income.
- Ensure that no one is denied services based on race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or an inability to pay for services.
- Accept the following insurance coverage: Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).